Dear GYA, Did you know that I would do anything for love, but I won't do yoga? What I mean to say is, I would run to hell and back, sit through a Tyler Perry marathon and, shoot, I would even eat at Arby's. But I refuse to do even one hour of yoga. Anything happening this weekend that doesn't involve stretchy pants? -Meatloaf---
Meatloaf, I understand where you're coming from, but you should give yoga another shot. I used to do anything for love except eat asparagus, but now I do. It's delicious when grilled. Anyway, here's what's going down this weekend:
There are a ton of festivals this weekend, so let's start with Friday:
- The Utah Arts Festival will be held in Library Square through Sunday. Click the link to see CW's to-dos.
- Check out tons of great local bands at Crucial Fest, going through Sunday.
- At Thanksgiving Point, don't miss the Rose Festival, happening Friday and Saturday.
- The Tooele Arts Festival will be held at the Tooele Veterans Park through Sunday. Oh, and it's free!
- In Cedar City, be sure to check out the Utah Shakespeare Festival, happening all weekend long.
- As part of the Park City Live concert series, the rap crew Nappy Roots will be performing Friday at 9 p.m.
- Every Friday night, Snowbird Resort hosts a free outdoor summer movie; this Friday is The Goonies! The show starts at 8 p.m.
- And at Reservoir Park, check out a free screening of A Christmas Story, starting at 8 p.m.
As for Saturday:
- The Women's Wellness Festival will be going down at Dancing Cranes Imports from 4 to 8 p.m.
- The Harmon's Best Dam Bike Ride will be happening through Sunday. Click here for registration info and how to volunteer.
- In Pleasant Grove, check out the Car Tunes: Classic Car Show, starting at 6 p.m.
- Rapper and former MTV VJ Dirt Nasty will be performing at Downstairs in Park City, beginning at 8 p.m.
- The Wasatch Techno Festival is happening at Great Saltair, starting at 6 p.m.
- Meet up with the CW Word at the Downtown Farmers Market, kicking off at 8 a.m.
- Head to Miller Motorsports Park for the Lucas Oil Offroad Racing Series.
- Real Salt Lake will be taking on San Jose at home, beginning at 7 p.m.
- The Salt Lake Bees will be facing off with the Reno Aces tonight and through Monday.
And for Sunday:
- Park Silly Sunday Market starts up at 10 a.m.
- If you're near Jordan Park, head to the People's Market at 10 a.m.
- In Wallsburg (west of Heber, by Deer Creek Reservoir) 100 antique cars and trucks will be on display at the RW Erickson Antique Power Show, starting at 8 a.m.
- Stand-up Comedian Bruce Bruce will be be live at Wiseguys West Valley, beginning at 7 p.m.
- Mo's Neighborhood Grill will be hosting Sunday Night Funnies at 9:30 p.m.
- Blues musician Mojo Stone will performing at The Urban Lounge. Doors open at 9 p.m.
For the weekend's complete list of things to do, click here.
Wolf is also the author of City Weekly's blog The Secret Handshake.