Dear GYA, Can you taste that sweet, sweet science? Ah yeah, you know us scientists never stop sciencing and look what happened? We put that Higgs boson in a cross-face chicken wing! Uhhh. Oh, what was that? Over here now. Comin' up top. Bow! That's more science in your face. Anything happening this weekend that's better than science? I didn't think so. - Bill Nye---
Bill, nothing is better than science; we know this. Anyhow, here's what's up:
Let's start with Friday:
- The West Jordan Stampede Rodeos will be kicking up dust, starting at 7 p.m.
- Check out the MX Race Series at Rocky Mountain Raceway, beginning at 7 p.m.
- The Salt Lake Bees will be taking on the Tacoma Raniers, beginning at 7:05 p.m.
- Wiseguys Comedy in Ogden will be hosting stand-up comedian Russ Nagel at 9 p.m.
- For some wobbly bass, head to Urban Lounge for Dubwise. Doors open at 9 p.m.
- The Provo Town Square Parking Terrace will be the home of the Tom Petty cover band Heartbreakers & American Girls, starting at 7p.m.
As for Saturday:
- Alt Press Fest will be going on at the Main Library at 3 p.m.
- The Downtown Farmers Market at Pioneer Park will be starting at 8 a.m.
- At Rocky Mountain Raceway, check out Firecracker Frenzy, an afternoon racing event featuring SPR, RMC, MGT, TRK and MC racing!
- The Salt Lake Bees will be taking on the Tacoma Raniers tonight at 7:05 p.m., with post-game fireworks.
- The Spazmatics will be performing at Liquid Joe's tonight at 9 p.m.
- Wiseguys Trolley Square will be hosting the stand-up comedy of Fortune Feimster, starting at 9:30 p.m.
And Sunday's events:
- Park Silly Sunday Market will be happening in Park City, beginning at 10 a.m.
- In Jordan Park, the People's Market will also be happening at 10 a.m.
- The Urban Flea Market will be going down at 400 South and State, starting at 9 a.m.
- The Salt Lake Bees will be taking on the Tacoma Raniers, beginning at 1:05 p.m.
- At 2 p.m., check out United We Dance: Underground at the Rose Wagner Center.
For this weekend's complete list of things to do, click here.
Wolf is also the author of City Weekly's blog, The Secret Handshake.