Dear GYA, I don't understand why people don't like Raven's linebacker Ray Lewis. Seriously, I don't mind that he got away with killing a guy back in 2000 or that he snorts a bunch of Adderal before every game. Fans need people like him to keep the NFL interesting. Think about it: If Ray Lewis were a Venn diagram, he'd have Metta World Peace on one side and Mike Tyson on the other.--- Anything happening this weekend while we wait for Ray Lewis to do something bat-shit crazy? - Jimmy Barkolorni, Park City
Jimmy, No one disagrees that Ray Lewis is the hero the NFL needs and deserves. He's a role model and a poet. Here are a few decent happenings for the weekend. Let's start with Friday:
- Westminster College will be hosting Dean Gushee, a National Geographic physician, who will explain the stories behind the stories. The lecture starts at 7 p.m. Admission is free.
- Reggae legend Pato Banton will be at the Spur Bar and Grill tonight at 9. Tickets are $15 at the door.
- Max Pain & The Groovies will be performing at Urban Lounge at 9 p.m. The Samuel Smith Band and The Breakers are also on the bill.
- City Weekly, True TV and Brewvies will be showing a free screening of Downton Abbey tonight on the big screen! The show starts at 8.
- Craft Sabbath's February Boutique will be happening at the Downtown Main Library today at 1.
- Piper Down's famous Kerry O'Kee will be kicking off at 9 p.m.
For the weekend's complete list of things to do, click here.