Dear GYA, What's this I hear about a high school kid being hospitalized for exposure to Axe Body Spray? We already knew that Axe set women into a clothes-ripping frenzy; now kids are passing out from the fumes. I hate to say it, but this may be the start of the something horrible. Well, anything happening this weekend that won't kickstart the Axepocalypse? - Mikey Fraumboni, Logan---
Mikey, Luckily, it's supposed to be relatively nice this weekend, so there's no reason you should be within proximity of an Axe bomb. Let's start with Friday's events:
- Bay Area bluegrass band The Brothers Comatose will be performing at The Garage tonight at 8. There's a $5 cover.
- DJ and producer Emancipator will be at Urban Lounge this evening. Little People and Odesza will open things up. Doors open at 9. Tickets are $15.
- At 9 p.m., Bar Deluxe will be hosting Salt City Derby Girls and B801 Production's party Girls! Girls! Girls! A Roller Derby Girls Event. Click the link for more info.
- The Steven Roth Band will be performing at The Spur this evening beginning at 9 p.m.
- Locally-based indie band Imagine Dragons will be onstage at the Complex, starting at 8 p.m. Atlas Genius and Nico Vega will be warming this up. The show is currently sold out, but tickets are still floating around on StubHub.
- In Provo, Velour will feature folk singer Jay William Henderson's CD Release Party tonight. Scott Shepard and Brinton Jones are also on the bill. The show starts at 8. There's an $8 cover.
- The annual Salt Lake City International Tattoo Convention will be happening all weekend. Click the link for more info.
- For some roller derby Action, check out the Junction City Roller Dolls versus the Tuscon Roller Derby at 6 p.m. at the Derby Depot.
- The kids at Nightfreq are throwing a Acid Wash '80s Party at Urban Lounge tonight at 9.
- Big Shiny Robot, True TV & Brewvies will be showing a free screening of Season 3 of the AMC zombie-apocalypse epic The Walking Dead free on the big screen, starting at 7 p.m.
- If you haven't checked it out yet, head to The Leonardo for the Mummies of The World Exhibition going on all day today.
- At Alta Ski Resort, the 2013 Snowflake Festival will be going down all day.
- Wu-Tang member Masta Killa will be on the mic at Cisero's this evening, with local support from Burnell Washburn, George Life and Slinky Beats. The doors open at 9.
For the weekend's complete list of things to do, click here.