Dear GYA, I hate to ask this, but I'm kind of at a loss for what to do this Memorial Day weekend. For starters, I've already watched the movie Sharknado like, 25 times, so don't even suggest it. Well, to be honest, I'm watching it right now and I also have a copy of it on my Galaxy S3--- in case I have to leave the room. Anyway, anything happening this weekend more interesting than a Sharknado? -Joe Biden---
Joe, Sharknados are truly amazing feats of science. Also, you should look into sharkicanes and tsharknamis. But here are a few other things happening this weekend that'll hold your interest. Let's start with Saturday's events:
-Jefferson Starship, which used to be Jefferson Airplane, will be onstage at the Egyptian Theatre in Park City tonight at 8. Tickets are $40 at the door. For more information, consult your school's library.
- For some roller derby action, checkout the Junction City Roller Dolls as they take on the Bakersfield Diamond Divas tonight at the Golden Spike Events Center. The bout starts at 6.
- The B-Boy Federation Finals will be going down at the Utah Arts Alliance tonight at 6.
- If you partake in raves, check out Transmit 2013 at the Great Saltair, featuring music from Above & Beyond, Sander van Doorn, Seven Lions, Koppertop, Eric Hill and The White Dragon. The party starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $32.
- Living Legends emcee Scarub will be onstage at Bar Deluxe. Mane Rok, Hurris & Gig and GLife will open things up. The show starts at 9 p.m.
- City Weekly, True TV, Bohemian Brewery & Brewvies will be showing a free screening of the latest episode of AMC's Mad Men, free on the big screen! The show starts at 10 p.m. (after Geek Show Movie Night).
- Indie-folk band Sea Wolf will be at Urban Lounge this evening. Savoir Adore is also on the bill. The show starts at 9.
- At the International Peace Gardens, the People's Market will be going down, starting at 9 a.m.
For the weekend's complete list of things to do, click here.