Dear GYA, My name is Vladamir Putin and I am now officially single. But first, a little about myself. Everyone knows I love the animals. I like to do things like the riding of horses with my shirt off on Russian beach. I spend weekends teaching flocks of cranes to migrate south in my bird plane, and I occasionally fight wolves with plutonium sword. ---So, yes, I'm the prettiest of fun dudes. Anything to do this weekend for me and many ladies? -- Vladimir Putin
Vladamir, Out of all the dictators, you are by far my favorite. Here are a few things happening this weekend for you and your potential ladies. Let's start with Friday's events:
- At Spring Mobile Ballpark, the Salt Lake Bees will be taking on the Grizzlies tonight at 7.
- Albuquerque-based indie band A Hawk & A Hacksaw will be live at Kilby Court. Tickets are $12 at the door. The show starts at 7 p.m.
- Rapper Pigeon John will be performing at Urban Lounge. Burnell Washburn, Ariano and Thoughts Arizen. The show starts at 9 p.m. Tickets are $12.
- Striking Matches will be at Centennial Park in Riverton this afternoon. Tickets start at $20. The show starts at 4.
- Real Salt Lake are at home against David Beckham and the Los Angeles Galaxy tonight at 7:30.
- Check out the Flying Ace All Star Freestyle Ski show at the Olympic Oval in Kearns, starting at 1 p.m.
- City Weekly, Bohemian Brewery and Brewies are showing the latest episode of Mad Men for free on the big screen. The show starts at 8 p.m.
- DJ Street Jesus will be hosting Funk & Soul Night at Bourbon House, beginning at 9 p.m.
For today's complete list of things to do, click here.