Eight reasons the Utah Transit Authority should be able eliminate the free-fare zone in downtown SLC:
8. Their secret new RoboCop police force isn’t going to be cheap.
7. It’ll keep crazy hobos off the trains and where they belong: camped out in front of City Weekly.
6. The term “premium pay zone” sounds so much more upscale and cosmopolitan.
5. Ever consider walking a little further, tubby?
4. There’s no such thing as a free ride—unless you’re a UTA board member traveling abroad, or retired CEO.
3. If you think service can’t be made, uh, get worse, think again.
2. The bus in Speed was in a free fare zone, and look what happened there.
1. What part of “Authority” don’t you understand?