Eight arguments against the LDS Church being labeled as a “cult”:
8. Cults tend to operate out of sight; LDS temples will soon outnumber Starbucks.
7. Cults use mind-control techniques that are subtle and sophisticated, two approaches foreign to KSL and the Deseret News.
6. Cults sing songs like “Don’t Fear the Reaper” between buffets in Wendover (Blue Öyster Cults only).
5. Cults separate you from relatives; Mormons force members to hang out with their families.
4. Cults demand excessive financial donations; the LDS Church only asks for 10 percent … forever.
3. Cults are difficult to leave alive; annoying ex-Mormons are everywhere.
2. Cults adhere to strict, uniform dress codes; LDS standards range all the way from modest to Old Navy.
1. Cults have charismatic, dynamic leaders.