Eight reasons Pleasant Grove’s Todd Herzog should ultimately win Survivor: China, premiering Thursday, Sept. 20, on CBS:
8. He’s an “openly gay Mormon”—the post-finale Letterman interview practically writes itself.
7. The Deseret Morning News having to file weekly Survivor reports on a gay Mormon contestant is just too funny.
6. His skills as a flight attendant will prove invaluable during the Point Forward and Back Challenge.
5. He describes himself as “fantastic, amazing, awesome and super-original.” Not even kidding on that one.
4. It’s overdue: A gay Utahn hasn’t won a reality TV competition since The Rebel Billionaire.
3. Oops, that guy wasn’t gay: A faux-hawked Utahn hasn’t won a reality TV competition since The Rebel Billionaire.
2. His vast knowledge of the Survivor series makes host Jeff Probst look like a bonehead. Or maybe that’s just Probst’s hat.
1. His experience growing up in Pleasant Grove has prepared him for surviving hundreds of miles from civilization.