Eight most underreported local news stories of 2007:
8. Z-24 KPNZ becomes an all-Spanish TV channel overnight; eight local South Park fans notice between bong hits.
7. Real Salt Lake lands corporate sponsor for Sandy soccer stadium: Phil! Jacobsen! Arena (exclamation points mandatory).
6. The Deseret Morning News moves to refocus on LDS audience; The Salt Lake Tribune moves to refocus on ADD audience.
5. Utah’s support for president George W. Bush drops to all-time low of 98 percent.
4. Downtown street clutter from untouched copies of In Utah This Week reaches epidemic proportions.
3. The SLC Vice Squad introduces new tactic of sending toddlers into private clubs to bust bartenders.
2. KSL Newsradio dumps The Nightside Project in favor of more-profitable white noise.
1. Utah State Liquor Stores to offer free Tasering with purchases over $100.