Eight ways to tell that KSL Newsradio’s Nightside Project is really catching on with “the kids”:
8. The show’s attracting hot ’n’ hunky guest hosts like A.G. Mark Shurtleff and Congressman Chris Cannon
7. Nightside’s latest specialty correspondent is Caitlin, the 1-year-old sippy-cup guru.
6. Instead of rerunning earlier material from 10 p.m. to midnight, staffers will read Harry Potter excerpts and give gaming cheats for two hours.
5. New features like “Xtreme Mortgage Smackdown” and “Fall Out Boy’s I.R.A. 411” appeal to younger and older listeners.
4. Friday-night shows will be broadcast strictly via text message, no audio.
3. KSL is considering allowing Nightside on-air personalities to curse at elementary-school levels. Considering.
2. Host Michael Castner has restricted his “I used to work in Hollywood” references to once an hour; “I used to work in D.C.” to twice a week.
1. Last week’s “Turn Me On” cover model is actually 15.