Dear GYA, Last night, I purposed to my girlfriend and we got into a huge fight because I didn't go to Jared. Seriously, what difference does it make what jewelry store I shopped at?! I swear to God, if Jared is a real person I'm gonna punch him right in the jewels. Anything happening this weekend after I whup Jared's ass? - Mick Pumper, Logan ---
Mick, Unfortunately, there is no actual person named "Jared" behind Jared The Galleria of Jewelry. In fact, the company is a subsidiary of Sterling Jewelers and its CEO's name is Mark Light. If anything, that's the guy you want to punch. Here's some stuff to do when you're done with your rampage:
Let's start with Friday:
- SLUG Magazine will be throwing themselves a 24th birthday party tonight at the SLC Photo Collective. Bring your ID and get a free SLUG tattoo. The party starts at 8.
- Check out the Mummies of the World exhibition at The Leonardo, all day today.
- The Utah Buddhist Arts Festival will be happening at Libby Gardner Hall today at 5 p.m.
- For some Pac-12 college-hoops action, the Runnin' Utes take on the #9-ranked Arizona Wildcats at the Huntsman Center at 1 p.m.
- Brewvies, Big Shiny Robot and True TV will be showing a free screening of the AMC zombie-apocalypse epic The Walking Dead. The shows starts at 7 p.m.
- Lumpy's Downtown will be throwing a Sunday-night Karaoke party starting at 9.
For the weekend's complete list of things to do, click here.